http://lapisazulis.blogspot.com/2011/09/aqui-dentro-animacao-em-processo.html

domingo, 22 de setembro de 2013

Janak Dulari Sita (My Beloved Sita)

Yesterday the show I've been collaborating with in the past weeks - Janak Dulari Sita was finally performed.
I would like to show you some pictures of the show but I'm unable to do it for now because it was done in the dark - they used the projector to show the background images while the play was on. As soon as I get the photos from the professional photographers I'll update.

Since I'm very lazy to write about it now I'll check wikipedia:

The Ramayana is one of the two great epics of Hinduism, the other being the Mahabharata.
 The Ramayana consists of 24,000 verses in seven books (kāṇḍas) and 500 cantos (sargas),[3] and tells the story of Rama (an avatar of the Hindu Supreme-God Vishnu), whose wife Sita is abducted by the king of Ravan. Thematically, the Ramayana explores human values and the concept of dharma.


And it was actually pretty interesting to participate in the project- the show was great of course, I'm one more fan of indian dance now I guess : )

Just want to thank Lata Desai, Subash Vasudevan, Reg and all of the staff from Subrang Arts for this great opportunity and amazing show!

I also realized that I still have a lot to improve in backgrounds but I'll take one step at a time, at least I'm happy that I got out of my confort zone.

And here are the backgrounds:


 Ram and Sita's Hut in the forest


 The Hut and a demon disguised as a deer sent by the Demon King Ravanna to deceive Ram away from Sita


 The outside of the palace of the Demon King Ravanna (indian demons have very good taste, very posh I guess)


 Ram's Chariot in the forest

That is all for now, as I said, as soon as I get the photos I'll update and maybe bring along some new visions of the Mirror World.
Thanks for watching and take care!



Um comentário:

Crazy Cat Lady disse...

vê lá se esqueces de meter as fotos da cena para vermos! keep it up the good work ma homie! :D